Chassis & Bodywork Update

Just had my first go at vinyl wrapping the ZX6R front mudguard as I was never keen on the red white and blue stripes. Ive gone for the prototype matt black look with some minimalist decals on top. Cheap to do and effective. I hope that the vinyl will also help to prevent the crazing/cracking you get in the glass fibre seat unit from the single cylinder vibrations.

I found the vinyl wrapping much easier than expected when applied with a generous amount of heat. Good fun in fact - More vinyl wrapping to come!!

The petrol tank also needs wrapping as the paintwork has been affected by welding heat on the underside of the tank. This happened a couple of years ago when modding the tank for different carb clearance. I will have to do some filling and sanding before wrapping.

wrapped centre blade with standard ZX6R side pods
I have also built the main oil supply pipes form the remote oil tank (located at the rear of the subframe) to the engine. Im trying some HDPVC black pipes with what look like Taiwanese 6061-T6 push on end fittings. I have also ditched the RSV oil cooler for starters. If the engine runs really hot I will add some heat sinks to the oil tank and front engine mount. In the long term I plan to integrate the oil tankinto the front engine mount with finning to act as a cooler.
Oil tank & lines

front lines join to cut-down XBR500 adaptor pipes. Pleased with the end result.
50mm Factory Racing clip-ons fit nicely to the ZX6R forks. Available on my website www.motopike.com
Factory Racing Clip-ons and Frando radial brake M/Cylinder find a home


Comments